WebDollar - information, tutorials, discussions, resources, report issues 

• A couple of browser mining related questions...

• This forum is dedicated to those who mine WebDollar in a browser
This forum is dedicated to those who mine WebDollar in a browser

Moderator: Global Moderator

#944  by ozzie1989
 Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Hi all, although I'm new and used to traditional mining I'm really interested in this concept and want to support the project. I've noted a few things below and hope this is the right place to raise them:
  • Firstly, when I first got onto the website it wasn't clear what I needed to do. Yes I started mining straight away and yes I had a wallet, but for someone who's never mined before they wouldn't have a clue. I used my previous knowledge to immediately encrypt and download the wallet but even I've been learning as I've gone along. I feel it would be handy if a simple 'Beginners Step-by-Step Guide' was listed on the front page covering some of the basic aspects.
  • Secondly, the list of pools and the pool information are some way apart on the page. This means you have to scroll back and forth the page in order to change or monitor the pool you are using. Also I find pool selection is random - sometimes it works and uses the pool you select other times it just uses whichever it sees fit. Is it possible to re-arrange the page to make it a bit more user friendly?
  • Thirdly, whilst mining I originally tried the auto refresh with success. After a post on telegram it was noted I didn't need this any more - however although most of the time I'm seeing success occasionally I will find I am mining in different pools such as experimental (when I selected a specific pool) and or I get a 'Network Time Error'. I'm using Chrome and currently have the auto refresh set to an hour which seems to help. Is there any way to fix the pool you are using? Does anyone know why I'm getting the time error?
  • Also I tried mining in Chrome on Android but although mining takes place I never get any coins. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to mine on mobile?
  • Finally, I'm interested in how pools work and run. Is there some information on this in relation to WebDollar? Also is there such a thing as a full node I can run (like traditional mining) to help the network?
Thanks in advance for any tips :)

#945  by George_Alexandru
 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 am
ozzie1989 wrote:
  • Firstly, when I first got onto the website it wasn't clear what I needed to do. Yes I started mining straight away and yes I had a wallet, but for someone who's never mined before they wouldn't have a clue. I used my previous knowledge to immediately encrypt and download the wallet but even I've been learning as I've gone along. I feel it would be handy if a simple 'Beginners Step-by-Step Guide' was listed on the front page covering some of the basic aspects.
It's exactely how you've just described it, please see more information in this article:
http://webdollar.blog/george-alexandru/ ... r-browser/
ozzie1989 wrote:[*]Secondly, the list of pools and the pool information are some way apart on the page. This means you have to scroll back and forth the page in order to change or monitor the pool you are using. Also I find pool selection is random - sometimes it works and uses the pool you select other times it just uses whichever it sees fit. Is it possible to re-arrange the page to make it a bit more user friendly?
The pools are changing when the one you've selected is not active for some reason. I will pass this to the devs, it's a fair point.
ozzie1989 wrote:[*]Thirdly, whilst mining I originally tried the auto refresh with success. After a post on telegram it was noted I didn't need this any more - however although most of the time I'm seeing success occasionally I will find I am mining in different pools such as experimental (when I selected a specific pool) and or I get a 'Network Time Error'. I'm using Chrome and currently have the auto refresh set to an hour which seems to help. Is there any way to fix the pool you are using? Does anyone know why I'm getting the time error?
Again, this could be because the pool you are mining in is ofine for some reason.
This error can also be associated with not enough memory on your device, try to free some memory.
ozzie1989 wrote:[*]Also I tried mining in Chrome on Android but although mining takes place I never get any coins. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to mine on mobile?
The global hash power is very high now, mining with a mobile phone is no longer efficient unfortunatelly.
ozzie1989 wrote:[*]Finally, I'm interested in how pools work and run. Is there some information on this in relation to WebDollar? Also is there such a thing as a full node I can run (like traditional mining) to help the network?
[/quote]
Here's a link where you can find various tutorials, such as creating a full node or a mining pool:
https://github.com/cbusuioceanu?tab=repositories
Thank you for your interest in WebDollar !!