Hi all, although I'm new and used to traditional mining I'm really interested in this concept and want to support the project. I've noted a few things below and hope this is the right place to raise them:
- Firstly, when I first got onto the website it wasn't clear what I needed to do. Yes I started mining straight away and yes I had a wallet, but for someone who's never mined before they wouldn't have a clue. I used my previous knowledge to immediately encrypt and download the wallet but even I've been learning as I've gone along. I feel it would be handy if a simple 'Beginners Step-by-Step Guide' was listed on the front page covering some of the basic aspects.
- Secondly, the list of pools and the pool information are some way apart on the page. This means you have to scroll back and forth the page in order to change or monitor the pool you are using. Also I find pool selection is random - sometimes it works and uses the pool you select other times it just uses whichever it sees fit. Is it possible to re-arrange the page to make it a bit more user friendly?
- Thirdly, whilst mining I originally tried the auto refresh with success. After a post on telegram it was noted I didn't need this any more - however although most of the time I'm seeing success occasionally I will find I am mining in different pools such as experimental (when I selected a specific pool) and or I get a 'Network Time Error'. I'm using Chrome and currently have the auto refresh set to an hour which seems to help. Is there any way to fix the pool you are using? Does anyone know why I'm getting the time error?
- Also I tried mining in Chrome on Android but although mining takes place I never get any coins. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to mine on mobile?
- Finally, I'm interested in how pools work and run. Is there some information on this in relation to WebDollar? Also is there such a thing as a full node I can run (like traditional mining) to help the network?