WebDollar - information, tutorials, discussions, resources, report issues 

• Connection issues

#347  by George_Alexandru
 Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm
18/05/18, 18:31 - The network has been restored. Happy mining! :)
18/05/18, 8:12 - There were over 55,000 machines mining on the WebDollar blockchain. Because of an overwhelming traffic and some spam transactions too ( a couple of tx had 0.01 WEBD fee ) some of the nodes are no longer sync. They will catch up soon. No WebD amount is lost from your wallet addresses, it will just take some time for the full nodes to sync and update.

17/05/18, 21:06 - More that 50% of miners are up and running, the devs are working to allow all miners to connect to blockchain.

17:05/18, 20:10 - You may experience connection issues, the dev team are now working hard to fix this. Stay tuned.

#364  by Digitspin
 Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 pm
It sounds more like a DDOS attack on the network .
Your gonna have more and more of this.

They clog up the real network and create a soft fork to insert into the system since their block/chain will be longer.

Additionally it feels like you did a revert of some type.
Original issues like the power/threads slider changes on its own, drop to zero and at time hash rate just drops even though power is the same.
Additionally there is still a 20% chance that it wont connect to the network.

I am willing to set up a SSL Dedicated Node and cover the costs here in the US for this project.
Ill need some guidance to make sure I do it right . But this may help stabilize

Digitspin.com
 #366  by George_Alexandru
 Sat May 19, 2018 8:46 am
Digitspin wrote:It sounds more like a DDOS attack on the network .
Your gonna have more and more of this.

They clog up the real network and create a soft fork to insert into the system since their block/chain will be longer.

Additionally it feels like you did a revert of some type.
Original issues like the power/threads slider changes on its own, drop to zero and at time hash rate just drops even though power is the same.
Additionally there is still a 20% chance that it wont connect to the network.

I am willing to set up a SSL Dedicated Node and cover the costs here in the US for this project.
Ill need some guidance to make sure I do it right . But this may help stabilize

Digitspin.com
Hello Digitspin,

Thanks for your message. In fact, ther have been some dodgy transaction that flooded the network, but everything is now restored, the nodes are now all sync, and the devs prepared a little surprise for future similar actions.
If you wish to set up a full node, follow this tutorial:

http://webdollar.aji.ro/webdollar-minin ... -terminal/

If any queries, please feel free to contact us.
 #367  by snowbawls
 Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm
It's an outstanding project and I can't imagine the amount of work and knowledge that's been invested in it, probably money too.
Unfortunately it's a real shame that all these problems with out-of-sync and forks is happening all the time in the past 2-3 days. I'm mining from different sites with different devices, all hooked up to fiber channel connections and every 10-15 mins everything goes haywire.. drops the sync - splits to forks - or get let's behind and I blame it all on the fallback nodes which are really out of sync and falling back or not responding properly.

At the time I'm writhing this 6 devices are mining on block 46,935 while the network, according to http://nodes.wd.hostero.eu/ is at 46,900. Other times the mining power goes to 0 or 1 and remains there for no reason.
 #368  by slickmole
 Sat May 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Inca sunt probleme.. aceasi problema cu "internet problems" si cu syncronizarea.
Inca se lucreaza?
 #369  by snowbawls
 Sat May 19, 2018 5:55 pm
The way I see it, since I can't mine from any of my locations, all on landlines, all with latest version of Chrome, and since I've talked with 15 other guys which were mining as well these days - and they can't connect either, we have one of these situations:

a) bug in the netcode or something on the devs side;
b) massive DDOS attacks;
c) someone messing intentionally and screwing up the network;
d) we're all locked up so that the owners and/or admins can have their way and mine;
e) faulty logic and the network setup can't handle it/keep up;

I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid but I'm really keen on this project, it has tremendous potential and it's user friendly but it's also sad, really sad, it has so many problems from the start.

I do hope they fix them.
 #372  by George_Alexandru
 Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm
snowbawls wrote:The way I see it, since I can't mine from any of my locations, all on landlines, all with latest version of Chrome, and since I've talked with 15 other guys which were mining as well these days - and they can't connect either, we have one of these situations:

a) bug in the netcode or something on the devs side;
b) massive DDOS attacks;
c) someone messing intentionally and screwing up the network;
d) we're all locked up so that the owners and/or admins can have their way and mine;
e) faulty logic and the network setup can't handle it/keep up;

I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid but I'm really keen on this project, it has tremendous potential and it's user friendly but it's also sad, really sad, it has so many problems from the start.

I do hope they fix them.
There are still a few issues, and the developers are working 24/7 to fix this, no one is messing anything intentionally.
All successful projects had this kind of issues initially, bitcoin, ethereum and many others. Don't forget how many times btc had issues and the time it rolled back. What I'm trying to say is that you must have a little patience, great things don't happen over night.