Articles about WebDollar

Moderators: SS, Global Moderator

#88 by sturmovikul
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 am
Hello I have two tips for you guys:

1. use the auto refresh extension on chrome - in case the browser crashes it will auto refresh it for you, this way you will not lose mining if you are not at the pc:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nbgbmfalko

2. make the webdollar browser window as small as possible, this way you will gain some more hashing power ... not joking this works - you may get around 10% better results, i keep it like this:

3. Both in Linux and Windows - use a fresh install of the operating system and uninstall all the programs and features that you do not need, they consume valuable CPU resources, doing this will lead to increased hashing rates. You can find a tutorial on how to do this on windows here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... erformance

4. If you want to use linux with the new Ryzen processors - UBUNTU -use version 16.04 don t use 18.04 - it is not yet stable enough and you will have multiple errors especially if you want to use it with a remote access app like TeamViewer
5. If using TeamViewer, before you disconnect from a pc , be shure that you clicked on the browser - this seems to provide more stability
6. Assign the browser high priority on Linux:

Last edited by sturmovikul on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#90 by Pitu
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 am
It is good trick point 2, it works
#91 by sturmovikul
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:28 am
3. I am trying to mine with 3 instances in the same time: chrome, firefox and terminal all in LInux, this in theory should increase my chances ...this is still in testing but I will share the results :)

I received a PM on telegram from @Marius_ROsu he is using something simillar and having good results :

Last edited by sturmovikul on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#92 by SS
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:29 am
sturmovikul wrote:Hello I have two tips for you guys:

1. use the auto refresh extension on chrome - in case the browser crashes it will auto refresh it for you, this way you will not lose mining if you are not at the pc:

2. make the webdollar browser window as small as possible, this way you will gain some more hashing power ... not joking this works - you may get around 10% better results, i keep it like this:

+1 for the minimized browser window
#116 by mooner
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Thanks for the tips, the minimized window is particularly (and unexpectedly) good.
Terminal + browser somehow works too, managing about the performances of a browser lv3 with a browser lv1 + terminal but with slightly lower temperatures.
#117 by sturmovikul
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 pm
I mined last night with 3000 hashes on browser on linux and on the same time mined in terminal 600 h/s - manged to mine 3 blocks in terminal and 0 on browser...somehow I think terminal is more efficient, but maybe it s to premature to say
#127 by Perseus
Tue May 01, 2018 3:03 am
sturmovikul wrote:Hello I have two tips for you guys:

oauuu, niice one!
Last edited by Perseus on Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
#267 by thenetwork
Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 pm
What happens to the block that is currently being mined for example if the browser refreshes? Could the block be stealed and resolved by another synched computer? C:-)
#268 by sturmovikul
Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 pm
thenetwork wrote:What happens to the block that is currently being mined for example if the browser refreshes? Could the block be stealed and resolved by another synched computer? C:-)

if you refresh the browser when you are in the middle of mining it , you will probably lose it to another miner - you can read more here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44
#269 by thenetwork
Wed May 09, 2018 9:02 pm
sturmovikul wrote:
thenetwork wrote:What happens to the block that is currently being mined for example if the browser refreshes? Could the block be stealed and resolved by another synched computer? C:-)

if you refresh the browser when you are in the middle of mining it , you will probably lose it to another miner - you can read more here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44

Hahahahah, that's funny. :)) NOT. Then why is the auto-refresh recommended? C:-)
#339 by sturmovikul
Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm
many reasons:

1. if you use a pc with many cores, the page can sometimes crash - having a 5 min refresh on the page will prevent your pc from 0staying idle and not mining;
2. when you refresh the whole page you will reconect to different nodes and that way you can be shure that you are not in a fork :)
#772 by GabrielH
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 pm
sturmovikul wrote:many reasons:

1. if you use a pc with many cores, the page can sometimes crash - having a 5 min refresh on the page will prevent your pc from 0staying idle and not mining;
2. when you refresh the whole page you will reconect to different nodes and that way you can be shure that you are not in a fork :)

so the refresh of the page will not impact the mining work ?
for example if you are already mining about 2 days, you are not in a fork but you are refreshing the browser you will not loose your 2 days of work ?
#773 by sturmovikul
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:22 am
not necessarily, after each block the calculations are reset in the block-chain, you are beginning from scratch and have the same probability to mine. You are just redoing the same operations at the same chance. This was mostly used at the start of the main net when the network was not as stable as it is now :)