Discussions about wallet security

Moderators: SS, Global Moderator

#228 by Perseus
Mon May 07, 2018 3:00 am
Web sites are unfortunately prone to security risks. And so are any networks to which web servers are connected. It's well known that poorly written software creates security issues. The number of bugs that could create web security issues is directly proportional to the size and complexity of our web applications and web server. Basically, all complex programs either have bugs or at the very, least weaknesses. On top of that, web servers are inherently complex programs. Web sites are themselves complex and intentionally invite ever greater interaction with the public. And so the opportunities for security holes are many and growing.
I try to understand how WEBD is constant alert to WEB security issues and if somebody can explain how it works?
#263 by AlexandruPanait
Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 am
Perseus wrote:Web sites are unfortunately prone to security risks. And so are any networks to which web servers are connected. It's well known that poorly written software creates security issues. The number of bugs that could create web security issues is directly proportional to the size and complexity of our web applications and web server. Basically, all complex programs either have bugs or at the very, least weaknesses. On top of that, web servers are inherently complex programs. Web sites are themselves complex and intentionally invite ever greater interaction with the public. And so the opportunities for security holes are many and growing.
I try to understand how WEBD is constant alert to WEB security issues and if somebody can explain how it works?

Based on your assumption I can say even a card payment method on a website is prone to security risk. WebDollar is a blockchain technology and for hack it you need 50%+1 attack. The only risk in our case is negligence of users.