Here you can access tutorials for mining, security, etc.

Moderators: SS, Global Moderator

#133 by lrdbilly
Tue May 01, 2018 11:34 am
sudo sh
bash
apt-get update -y
apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev -y
mkdir nvm
cd nvm
apt-get install curl -y
curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creat ... install.sh -o install_nvm.sh
bash install_nvm.sh
source ~/.profile
nvm install 8.2.1
nvm use 8.2.1
nvm alias default 8.2.1
nvm use default
cd ..
apt-get install git -y
git clone https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar.git Node-WebDollar
cd Node-WebDollar
npm install
#169 by mooner
Fri May 04, 2018 2:21 pm
You can if you launch the terminals in two different folders. But the shell should already use all cores on linux so no expected advantage over a single terminal.
#377 by George_Alexandru
Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 pm
mooner wrote:You can if you launch the terminals in two different folders. But the shell should already use all cores on linux so no expected advantage over a single terminal.

One terminal session only uses one core, in order to use more than one core you have to launch more terminal sessions.
#708 by Aventis
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm
Hey Guys,

Is possible to provide a more detailed tutorial about mining under ubuntu terminal?
I am interested in a set-up with more than one desktops to mine under linux terminal, and i am don't have knowledge about what ubuntu version should i have or what steps i should do to set-up the mining and also what is the best way to get the maximum performance.
For example, i will have Ryzen 2700x processors. They have 8 cores, 16 threads. Do i need more than one terminal?
Also, can i install team viewer under ubuntu to monitor them from other PC?

I think , not only me, would appreciate such tutorial. "Mining WEBDOLLARS for Dummies :)) "

Thank you and "fir intins" at WEBD mining.
#713 by sturmovikul
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 am
Aventis wrote:Hey Guys,

Is possible to provide a more detailed tutorial about mining under ubuntu terminal?
I am interested in a set-up with more than one desktops to mine under linux terminal, and i am don't have knowledge about what ubuntu version should i have or what steps i should do to set-up the mining and also what is the best way to get the maximum performance.
For example, i will have Ryzen 2700x processors. They have 8 cores, 16 threads. Do i need more than one terminal?

I think , not only me, would appreciate such tutorial. "Mining WEBDOLLARS for Dummies :)) "

Hi, the only stable build of Ubuntu that runs good with 2700x is 16.04 and is compatible with team viewer, if you use terminal mining with that processor you will not get the best results - only if you have some technical skills because you will have to create multiple terminals and change the port that each one runs on..
#715 by Aventis
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
sturmovikul wrote:
Aventis wrote:Hey Guys,

Hi, the only stable build of Ubuntu that runs good with 2700x is 16.04 and is compatible with team viewer, if you use terminal mining with that processor you will not get the best results - only if you have some technical skills because you will have to create multiple terminals and change the port that each one runs on..

I understood, so, i guess for my processor, a fresh windows is the best and easiest way to have the best performance.
Thanks for the info.
#840 by George_Alexandru
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:38 pm
lrdbilly wrote:sudo sh
bash
apt-get update -y
apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev -y
mkdir nvm
cd nvm
apt-get install curl -y
curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creat ... install.sh -o install_nvm.sh
bash install_nvm.sh
source ~/.profile
nvm install 8.2.1
nvm use 8.2.1
nvm alias default 8.2.1
nvm use default
cd ..
apt-get install git -y
git clone https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar.git Node-WebDollar
cd Node-WebDollar
npm install

Please can you confirm if this is up to date? If not, please could you update it?
#920 by SS
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:18 pm
Michaelelams wrote:Is this serious? This is literally the same for every Linux distro with java and an X server

:)

WebDollar is mainly based on online browser mining, web apps, the terminal is just something the community of geeks wanted and developed... so yeah its basic if that is what you are saying.